The prerequisite to declare Anthropology is one ANT course or permission from the Director of Undergraduate Studies (DUS). ANT 201, Introduction to Anthropology, is highly recommended.
If you need help deciding whether Anthropology is a good fit for you, or the prerequisite has not been met:
Come to the Anthropology Sophomore Open House!
12:30 - 1:20 pm
Join Zoom Meeting
We urge you to attend the open house if at all possible. We will have ample time there to answer any of your questions. If you cannot attend the open house due to class conflicts or obligations, please go on to:
- Make an appointment in Microsoft Bookings for a meeting with the Director of Undergraduate Studies. Find Anthropology DUS Prof. Elyachar on Bookings and sign up for any of the blocks dedicated to sophomore advising, on March 28-30.
- If you cannot make those times, sign up for another one of Prof. Elyachar’s advising hours.
- If none of those times work due to classes or practice, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and list a few possibilities.
If you are sure about Anthropology being a good fit for you and you have satisfied the prerequisite:
- First of all, welcome! Welcome to the Anthropology Department!
- For next steps, please see Step-by-Step Instructions.
Majoring in Anthropology to see requirements for concentrators.