Law, Politics, and Economics
- Mon, Apr 15, 2019 (All day)
- Mon, Feb 25, 2019, 4:30 pm
Economic Anthropology Workshop
- Tue, Apr 16, 2019, 4:30 pm
Discussant: Eric Larson, Andlinger Center for Energy and the Environment
- Thu, Feb 21, 2019, 4:30 pm
A discussion with Ronaldo Lemos (Brazilian legal scholar and visiting professor at the School of International Public Affairs of Columbia University) and Edward Felten (Robert E. Kahn Professor of Computer Science and Public Affairs and founding director of Princeton’s Center for Information Technology Policy).
- Average credit card debt of Americans is $16,000; average college loan debt $30,000. How and why do people go into debt? Why is debt negatively linked to "usury" in some cultures while in others not having debt is a mark of being "underleveraged"? How can "debt" sometimes be an instrument of social solidarity and other times be a source of social discord?