Traveling the film festival circuit, The Torture Letters picked up the "Best In Show" award at the Sparks Animated Film Festival. This award qualifies The Torture Letters to be submitted to the Academy Awards.
The Torture Letters debuted in the New York Times Op-Docs series and has also appeared at:
- American Film Institute FEST [Oct. 15–22, 2020]
- Spark Animation Fest [Oct. 29–Nov.8, 2020]
- “Best in Show” award and “WIA Diversity Award for Individual Achievement”
- St. Louis International Film Festival [Nov. 5–22, 2020]
- Chicago International Children’s Film Festival [Nov. 13–22, 2020]
- Africa Rising International Film Festival [Nov. 27–29, 2020]
- *Folye Film Festival [Nov. 20–29, 2020]
- *Selected to be shown as a film "not in competition."
- Atlanta Film Festival [Apr. 22–May 2, 2021]
- Sebastopol Documentary Film Festival [June 10–13, 2021]
Laurence Ralph produced and directed this 13 minute animated film based on his recent book The Torture Letters.
The film was edited in the VizE Lab by Jeffrey Himpele.