Undergraduate FAQs

Whom do I see for advising in Anthropology?

  • Senior majors see the Departmental Representative for departmental and course advising in November.
  • Junior majors see the Associate Departmental Representative for departmental and course advising in November and April.
  • All majors see the Departmental Representative for cognate approval.
  • Juniors considering a change of concentration (into or out of Anthropology) see the Departmental Representative.
  • Sophomores (and freshmen) considering majoring in or ready to declare Anthropology see the Departmental Representative in April and at other times as needed.
  • Students in any class or major seeking approval of anthropology courses taken outside Princeton for transfer credit see the Departmental Representative.
  • All students are welcome to talk to the Departmental Representative, Associate Departmental Representative and any other faculty member in the department about anthropology. The Undergraduate Administrator is always happy to answer "how to" questions as well as help students find the right place to get answers.


Departmental Representative
Professor Elizabeth A. Davis
122 Aaron Burr Hall
(609) 258-8864
ead@Princeton.edu / WASS
(Advisor for seniors, sophomores, prospective majors and students seeking ANT credit for courses taken at another institution)

Associate Departmental Representative
Professor Lauren Coyle
121 Aaron Burr Hall
(609) 258-8856
laurencoyle@Princeton.edu / WASS
(Academic adviser for junior majors)

Undergraduate Administrator
Mo Lin Yee
116 Aaron Burr Hall
(609) 258-5535